Soft skills is a term often associated with a person’s “EQ” (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that characterize relationships with other people. Soft skills complement hard skills which are the occupational requirements of a job and many other activities.
The objectives of LRI’s Soft Skills Solutions Course are to give each participant a realistic perspective of work and real world expectations to help formulate problem solving skills. Participants will learn how to:
- • Increase their employability skills with overall corporate grooming
- • Develop interpersonal and time management skills
- • Channel self-defeating emotional impulses and behaviors
- • Gain new insights into employer expectations in the workplace, and mentally shift their own outlooks to be more successful on the job
- • Set relevant goals for self-improvement, understand conflict, and recognize how their own personal beliefs and behaviors keep them from finding success